Saturday, December 8, 2007

Poor Megan...

My friend Megan got really sick on Thursday. She started puking at about seven in the evening and did not stop. What do you do in the middle of Africa? At about 3am I went and knocked on the door of a lady that works at the hotel we stay at. She gave us the number to a cab and we went to the hospital. Megan is still there. She should get out tomorrow. I stayed at the cottage alone last night, and it was really quiet and lonely. I'm staying at the hospital tonight. This place is like a 5 star hotel! It is like vacation from vacation. It is going to take all I have not to take a bath in the huge jaccuzi tub. It is definitely not like the other African hospitals.
So, I'm going to the beach for a minute, then I'm heading back. Oh yeah, I guess she had a bacterial infection in her stomach. She was severely dehydrated, and her blood was infected. Scary. It could have been from anything. Probably some kind of food. Good thing we got her to the hospital when we did...

No comments: